Sunday, May 12, 2013

WEEK 39

I will be here in aritao for another transfer. I get to finish training Elder Dariagan so it should be fun. Help become a better missionary and what not and help to learn how to be a better teacher. I feel like I have learned more training about myself than he has learned from me. I definitely am working on some christlike attributes and teaching skills to better improve myself. I enjoy training, sure its hard but I am getting the hang of it and its getting better. Almost tried balut yesterday, but the family didn't have it.
So this week I had a good personal study. I was reading in Galatians 6:7-9 and Paul was talking about reaping what we sow. And I read a quote that says "It is dedicated calculated obedience given over time, over years and years, throughout a life, that shows the true measure of a man." Very interesting to me. If I am obedient now on my mission then I am sowing good seeds for after my mission and sowing good habits and becoming the man I want to be. If I am obedient now (willingly I might add) then it will be way easier to be obedient after the mission. I have noticed seeds that were sowed way back when I was like 12 and 13 about doing my duty even though I may not want to or it is hard. A lot of missionaries will flake out just because it is hard to put on church clothes during p-day and little things like that, but I had good priesthood leaders growing up and a dad for a bishop forever it is pretty easy for me just to follow those little rules and do the things I need to do. Also sowing and reaping have a lot to do with the mission. Sowing seeds by contacting people and tracting and teaching. Reaping is the hard part. everyone takes different times to grow, I prolly will have no idea of the reaping going on in my area in about a year so I will try to talk to as many people as I can right now and teach too. Paul has good insights for me about 2000 years after he lived. Scriptures are cool, how they apply to us when they were written anciently. Well thats about it for this week.

Mahal Ko Kayo,
Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment