Sunday, June 17, 2012

First Few Days

This is bits and pieces of elder Robertsons first email from the MTC.                                                    
 It was crazy after dad dropped me off, they took me to meet my teacher and he only spoke tagalog to our district for like three days, it was a nightmare. Tagalog is really hard and it is not anything like spanish, the sentences are structured way differently and the words are all different. It is really hard and I don't know how I am ever going to get this down but with the lords help i will. We are teaching an investigator named junjun and it is really hard because he only speaks tagalog so when he asks a question I have no clue what he is saying and i know what to tell him just not how to say it in tagalog so I am relying on the spirit a lot. The MTC is great though! the spirit can be felt at all times and really powerful! we just got back from the provo temple and it is like a maze in there. but it was the fastest session i've been to.  My companion is elder phippen and he is pretty cool, he is from saltlake and plays rugby but I'm like 4 inches taller than him. the res of my district is elder vaki who is tongan and also short, elder madsen he is from idaho and is hilarious. elder nery he is a tall philippino and elder haskin. we have 3 companionships of sisters also. our district and zone is so cool! there are a lot of people here going to the philippines.We had a fireside sunday and after studying all day about christ and his atonement and why I am out here, the spirit was so strong! it will be an awesome two years if the spirit is always like that. it's only been a week and i already feel myself growing stronger in the gospel and am excited to teach the people in the cauayan philippines.
          Also elder Robertson asks people to send him  mail he really enjoys receiving mail.

3 comments:

  1. WOW MACY IS SO AMAZING AT ALL THIS BLOGGING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, Macy is SO AMAZING AT ALL THIS BLOGGING!!

    ReplyDelete