Sunday, July 8, 2012

Week 4 in the MTC

 Last week for devo ten of the quorum of the twelve were here. everyone was here except for packer and hales. L. Tom Perry spoke about how the church is a lifestyle and he gave a whole bunch of statistics from studies and such. It was pretty good just not what I thought it would be. Sundays fireside was by ted gibbons who is some writer and he portrayed willard richards who was with joseph smith in carthage jail. He spent an hour talking about josephs last week on earth and there are a lot of things he talked about that I had no clue happened. At the end he bore a powerful testimony of the prophet and then we sang praise to the man and everyone just randomly stood up at the same time. It was powerful and pretty cool! By the way, fast sunday was slow. The worst was the temple walk and it was like 100 that day and we couldnt get a drink after so the last like 4 hours I suffered. but the night before my zone and I ate like that whole thing of cinnamon rolls haha. Tagalog is coming slowly, I can almost speak a sentence without having to pause in the middle for like a minute to plan what I want to say. i still don't understand much of what the "investigator" is saying but I think I can get the gist of a conversation. The only thing that can help me now is being immersed in the language. So elder haskin is leaving tomorrow, he is going to dallas english speaking and sister vea needs heart surgery, if she does not get it soon the she will also probably be transferred out. quite interesting.  I got a letter from quinn yesterday! sounds like he is doing pretty good! I was worried that he would be all homesick and what not but it sounds like he is doing fine. brennen sounds like he is doing pretty good in his new mission as a zone leader, at least he gets a car. only AP's get cars in my mission. So the fourth of july is tomorrow, are you guys gonna light fireworks? all I get to do is go to some devotional thing for an hour and a half. hope the package is a good one because I am going to miss lighting fireworks. Oh, I saw the kings yesterday, they looked happy to be on a mission and I can't believe they are here for only a week then they are off to russia. It's gonna be hard enough to be here for two months then off to the philippines and I will still have no clue what is going on.
Mahal Ko Kayo,
Elder Robertson
Elder Robertson and his district

No comments:

Post a Comment