Sunday, February 17, 2013

WEEK 27

We had one cool lesson though that is worth mentioning. We were teaching this teenager and she is a typical investigator, scared to commit to anything so elder coleman and I planned this lesson around the importance of being baptized and following christ and being cleansed of our sins. Since her grandma is a member she has been working with us also to get this girl baptized and going to church and keeping commitments. So we get there and taught this solid lesson. We asked questions that we hadn't planned on asking and she really came out with all her concerns and why she won't commit we were able to teach in such a way to have the spirit confirm to her that this is what she needs to do and this is right. I even felt the spirit confirm to me that the atonement really happened and this is what is the most important thing I could be doing right now. It has been interesting to realize the ways the atonement can help me. Yeah he suffered for our sins and we can be forgiven but like elder bednar has said, there is the enabling power also. There is nothing so deep or infinite as the atonement but it is also very personal. It really does work in every aspect of our lives. Out here being a missionary the atonement helps me get up in the morning when I don't want to, it give me the ability to put a smile on  and it gives me the patience i need to learn this language and with other peoples conversion. Most of the time I don't think I know I am drawing on his power but looking back I really need it every day to get through it. When I feel the spirit I feel as if christ is in the room with me. It really is the most sensitive time to feel the spirit. Disobedience can drive it away in a heartbeat but being obedient is way better cause it brings understanding and just happier attitude. I don't really know how else to say it but you kinda just have to experience it. It's hard for sure but it will probably be worth it. Thats about it.
love you all!!
Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment