Sunday, March 10, 2013

WEEK 30

we had some good lessons with investigators this week. We had one with this girl who said she would rather stay catholic and she just wants to know god better and we were kind of caught off guard with that but thanks to the spirit and some discerning we were able to teach her about god's love from the bible and why he sent Jesus Christ for us and why we need to follow the comandments and what not. It might of been the best lesson I've had on my mission and the spirit was so strong because by the end she was crying and I felt the pure joy of the gospel. We also have a couple investigators that are actually reading the Book of Mormon! It's a miracle and we are contacting a sister of a recent convert this week and when we talked to her she seemed really interested and excited to hear about it. Hopefully things keep getting better cause Elder Coleman and I are working harder than ever to get this area really going 
This week we had Elder Hallstrom of the presidency of the 70 was here in our mission and we got to listen to what he had to say. It was really good cause we also got to hear from Elder Teh who is the area president in the philippines also. There talks were good Elder Teh talked about growth in the philippines mostly and how that will effect the missions and everything. Elder Hallstroms wife talked about being patient and enduring trials because the lord does not try us above that which we are able. Elder Hallstrom talked about growth for a while and he said that by the end of this year there may well be around 80,000 missionaries. There will be 9,000 in the MTC this summer which will be just insanity. But he said that the purpose of this is to move forward with the work of course but to also get preparing earlier so the year between 18 and 19 we can save those who may have fallen away if left on their own. Then he also talked about having the spirit and just how important the spirit is in teaching learning and every aspect of our lives. Then he asked us a question that we should ask ourselves before every meeting of the church. What Do I want to get out of this today? It is a very good question and makes meetings much more meaningful cause if we have a question that we want answered then most likely it will be answered whether it's in a sacrament meeting from speakers, sunday school from teachers or whether the spirit just answers itself we will usually have a much better experience if we ask ourselves that question. One more thing I liked that he said was that if investigators cannot keep commitments then there is no chance that they can keep covenants. Very true, its tough cause I would just like to baptize everyone but they have to read the BoM go to church consistently and pray or else it is a guarantee less active here, even then they might go less active but I just try to do my part. He was a very good speaker and I enjoyed learning from him. I gave the closing prayer to haha.
Just one thing that I learned this week from my personal study. In Luke 9:52 where Christ says that "no man having put his hand to the plough and looking back is fit for the kingdom of god." I've been thinking about this scripture a lot this week, as servants of the master it is our duty to teach, to repent, to improve and become like Christ and cast aside our weapons of rebellion. I have been thinking a lot of what I could improve on and have been praying hard to become a more Christlike person. not just missionary cause if I were to go back to the old ways after the mission it would have all been for nothing. I hate that looking back is so easy but I know that perfection is not in this life. I am trying my hardest to get to where I want to be after my mission and have set some goals on what to improve on. So it should be good. I really like that scripture.
Love
Elder Robertson

a monkey elder Robertson saw

this is the monkey he saw but he said he could'nt get any closer otherwise it would attack him
 

No comments:

Post a Comment