Sunday, January 27, 2013

WEEK 24

Kumusta family!
How is everyone? Sounds like it has been an eventful cold week in the tri cities! It sure was eventful here this week!  So a couple of stories.  1.  So on saturday night Elder Coleman and I were invited to teach mission prep, so we were teaching and what not and we decided to have a roleplay since there were only three people in the class.  So they were role playing and what not and this one kid who is kinda weird was having problems teaching.  All of the sudden he stops in  mid sentence, lets out this blood curling scream and goes into a seizure!  He was all like shaking and foaming at the mouth and making the weird guttle sounds from the back of is throat.  He fell out if his chair but luckily the kid next to him caught him and laid him on the floor.  His convulsing lasted at least 15 mintues and the while we call his parents and they come over and what not.  Turns out this kid has epilepsy and has seizures quite often.  it was really scary actually cause it was so random and I swear the kid was gonna die.  And after it took at least a half hour for the kids mind to come back.  He just layed there and then would get up and move around and not notice anything.  I guess you lose your memory for a little bit after a seizure.  It was intense.  But he is OK and even worked with the other set of missionaries that we have here in Aritao yesterday haha.  That was crazy.  2.  So we got to go to Banaue today which was cool (see pics) and we went down hiking inside the rice terraces and we would walk along the edge of one terrace and the cliff is about 20 feet.  So we are walking olong the edge of this one and I am behind Elder Coleman.  All of a sudden he trips and goes over the edge.  This all unfolded in slow motion to me and I was so close to him that I grabbed his leg and was hanging on to him while his body was off this twenty foot cliff.  It was crazy also!  Luckily Elder Golightly and Elder Oliver were able to come and help lift him up haha.  Yeah I pretty much saved the kid a lot of pain and what not.  It was hilarious and intense at the same time haha.  By far the most exciting cycle of my mission so far. 
As far of the work goes, we had an insane Sunday yesterday! We had like 14 of the people we were teaching go to church!  less actives that we had not taught in weeks and who had not gone to church in years showed up!  One family on Saturday invited us to give their little baby who was about to die a blessing and so we did and Elder Coleman blessed her to be well and fully recover and as it turns out the baby was about to die and so this incredibly inactive family kneeled down as a family for like the first time in 7 years and prayed that the blessing would work and they were all there on Sunday! The baby too! The doctors are still shocked that the baby is alive and doing fine haha (that was story number 3) it was such a happy day compared to last week when no one went haha.  We had an intense lesson with Clark yesterday, he wasn't being really sincere with his prayers or anything so we taught him about faith and the spirit really guided us in that lesson.  I can't really describe it but Elder Coleman and I would have the same thought at the same time and would always say what Clark needed to hear at that second.  It was a cool lesson.  it really does put truth into the scripture where it says "it will be given in the very moment that you need it the words you need to say".  somewhere in D&C.  I will preach my own words, sometimes we have to take a step in the dark and be courageous cause who knows what lies ahead, but the Lord is with us every single step and His Atonement gives us power to step forward and will bless us when we do.  His tender mercies are all over the place and I realize that he does not try us above our strength I realize that I can withstand a lot surprisingly haha just from experiences here on the mission but I am definitely stronger and more often recognize the Lord's hand in my life.  Well transfers are on Thursday so hopefully I will stay here so I can celebrate my birthday by doing laundry and making a good dinner haha.  hopefully I will get some mail.  I got the Lebron SI but still no boxes.  Hopefully this week haha.  Well until next week.  I will be on early again cause Banaue is way far away and what not.  Have a good week everyone!  3 DAYS LEFT!!!!!!!
Love,
Elder Robertson
elder Robertson and his companions in their house




Elder Robertson near an investigators home

No comments:

Post a Comment