Sunday, April 14, 2013

WEEK 34

I am having just a blast out here in the Philippines training a new missionary. His name is Elder Dariagan and he is filipino. Training is hard cause I have to explain every single little thing to him and what not. But I am sure there are lots of lessons to be learned. Not much happened this week. I was up in cauyan a lot first to go say goodbye to a friend I met here in the mission and then to transfer day to get my new companion so all we really worked was thursday thru sunday. We had some good lessons but it has been tough because no one came to church at all. Our investigators are not progressing and not one less active. Yeah! So we will go search for more investigators which hasn't been very successful. Tracting here is just as tough, no one slams the door in your face though. Hopefully we can a few good progressing towards baptism. But the branch is focusing on the other two elders though cause they want to put a new branch in their area. So I just do what I can. Thats about it area wise. Easter was nothing special. They celebrate good friday so no one was home or wanted to listen on friday.. I don't really have much to say this week, really just working on a positive attitude. Hope you guys have a good experience at conference! that should be fun. We won't get to watch it until the next weekend. Since I don't have much to say I thought I would share this from president Carlos monthly newsletter. I thought it was really good.

"The experience of Joseph Smith in a few moments in the grove on a spring day in 1820, brought more light and knowledge and understanding of the personality and reality and substance of God and His Beloved Son than men had arrived at during centuries of speculation," said President Gordon B. Hinckley (Teachings of Gordon B. Hinckley, p. 141).
The First Vision is a keystone of the restored Church of Jesus Christ. Christ of course, is the Chief Cornerstone. It would be impossible for anyone to be truly converted to the restored gospel without first gaining a testimony of the sacred events of the spring of 1820. This is the reason why I have repeatedly suggested that we take as much time as needed to make sure that the investigators understand, and obtain a testimony of the message of the restoration–before moving on. When they understand what really took place in that sacred grove, they would DESIRE to read the Book of Mormon. When they read the Book of Mormon, they will read about the Savior and obtain a testimony of Him. They will then develop faith in Him; they will repent, they will be baptized, and they will more likely endure to the end. “These” converts become our strong members. They become the strength of the church. These are they that experience a “mighty change of heart.” These are they, who will then build the church.
Sometimes I think we try to rush the investigators. I think we may be guilty of getting them thru the lessons as quickly as possible without paying much attention to what is happening to their hearts. Let us take time to help them truly obtain an understanding and testimony of the First Vision.
I testify of the prophet Joseph Smith’s sacred call as the prophet of the Restoration. I have sat in solemn reflection in that sacred grove. I have felt his anguish as I visited Liberty Jail in Missouri. I silently and reverently sang the hymn “Praise to the Man,” as I visited the Nauvoo Jail where he was martyred. I feel a great love for him. I testify that next to the sacrifice of the Savior himself, Joseph Smith’s sacrifice provides everlasting blessings for each and every one of us.
Mahal Ko Kayo
Elder Robertson

No comments:

Post a Comment